Monday, August 11, 2008

The joys of home ownership

This weekend was much fun - had my parents, my brother, my sister and her husband over for dinner on Friday night since my parents were in town visiting. Then Saturday night we hung out some with Kyle's sister and her husband. And then on Sunday night we spent the evening eating a delicious dinner cooked by Kyle's good friend and old roommate Daniel and Daniel's current roommate.

Those were the evenings. The days were spent busy being working outside. And this is what we accomplished between the two of us working all day Saturday and me working all day Sunday: It doesn't look like much, especially since I don't have any "Before" pictures to point out the difference, but we managed to pressure wash all of the top of our driveway and front door stairs. It looks much better than it did and puts a smile on my face every time I walk outside. Its not easy owning a house and having so much work to do on it, but the feeling of accomplishment and pride that comes along with ownership is worth it.

Kyle also spent Sunday afternoon using the weedeater we just bought with our wedding Home Depot gift cards. He was able to destroy the jungle that had built up in our backyard and the sides of our house. There's still more lawn work to do, and I will definitely post pictures when we get around to it.

No comments: