Sunday, June 15, 2008

Add cherries to the list...

of things I'm allergic to.

Along with apples.

Most people who know me well know that I have long had a thing against all "erries" (All kinds of berries and cherries). I just have never really liked them. But to appease Kyle, and prove how open I am to trying new things, I tried a cherry as he was snacking on them today. My initial reaction was, "not too bad. Maybe I could give them another try." I shared my opinions to Kyle and all of a sudden, my opinion completely changed. Just a minute or two after eating one cherry, my top lip began to get really sensitive. And then swell. And sting. I asked Kyle if he could see a difference and at first he was like, nope. Give it five more minutes and he is making fun of my lip and the lip injections I had apparently gotten with the cherry. Fast forward 30 more minutes and it is still super-swollen and feels extremely odd.

Same thing happens when I eat apples. For a long time, no one believed me when I said my lip would swell if I ate an apple. Finally my mom was present when I tried one and has believed me ever since. And now I know Kyle believes me about cherries. For some reason when it comes to apples, though, if I eat something with apple cooked (like apple pie) it doesn't bother me at all. I wonder if I can eat something with cherries cooked.

If you have any idea of what could be the common denominator between apples and cherries that might point to what exactly I am allergic to, I'd like to know any ideas! I just might have to go see a doctor to really figure it out though.



On another note... all kitchen appliances are installed now. As well as light fixtures. And we bought stools for the breakfast bar today. I'll probably post pictures before it is TOTALLY finished, just because there are a lot of little things we will still be working on. It'll all get done eventually. And soon I have to move on to decorating our master bedroom.....

1 comment:

Amy Z said...

You're right...we never believed you. Who would have known that poor little Meggie was telling the truth, and not just trying to get out of having to eat her fruit? :)