Thursday, May 15, 2008

Oops!

It sure has been a long time since I last posted. I apologize (to my 2 readers)... the internet in my apartment has been out and I just don't feel appropriate posting at work. A lot of things have been going on including:

1. I had my very first shower on April 26! It was in Columbus, hosted by Erin's mom - even though Erin couldn't come because Alaska is too far away :( In attendance were my best friends from Columbus (minus Erin), Kyle's mom and my mom, my Aunt Pat, and my grandmother.


Kyle's mom, me, and my mom


Sallie, Leah, me, Erin's 14 year old face on a balloon (she was there in spirit), and Kristin


Present time! How convenient that Sallie wouldn't give me just a waffle maker, but the mix and syrup to go with it - now I just can't wait till we have a kitchen to make waffles in!

2. Kitchen demolition and renovation has begun and is in full swing! Kyle has been hard at work (with a lot of help from wonderful friends and family). The cabinets are out, the countertops are out, the flooring is out, the washer and dryer hookups are in as well as electricity stuff that I know nothing about, and I left him and Randy last night putting up sheet rock. Painting begins THIS WEEKEND and we have finally decided on our colors: Yukon gold for the kitchen (a light yellow/gold), Planetarium for the back wall that connects the kitchen and living area/dining area (a dark, pretty blue), Creamy Chocolate for the living area, hallway, and entryway (a dark, creamy taupe), Serenity for our master bedroom (a light blue), and Brick Dust for the office (a dark, deep red). The bathroom and guest room are escaping painting this time around - but we might get to them eventually. The colors all look great together and I think they will look great in our house - I can't wait till we paint and it feels much more like our house.

3. Erin came down from Alaska to visit one last time before she is deployed. I was able to make the trek down to Columbus one Wednesday evening after work to see her. I took half of Thursday off, met the girls (and Chuck) for breakfast, and drove back to Atlanta to work. I'm trying not to think about her overseas - it's a scary though t to realize one of your best friends might be in harm's way. And I'm trying not to think about her not being at my wedding - if I think about it I might just cry. But here are some pictures from her time here. We miss you Erin - move back to the Southeast!!!


Leah, Erin, and me at Country's barbecue


Kristin, Erin, me, Leah outside of Cracker Barrel. If we look tired it's because we met for breakfast at 8:30 and that's just plain early!

4. My wedding dress is well on its way! My sister and I went shopping for details to go on the dress and I am REALLY EXCITED about my dress. I think the wedding dress has always been my favorite part of weddings and what I have looked forward to the most about my wedding. And I am so lucky and blessed to have such an amazing designer and seamstress as my sister, making my dreams come true and creating the perfect custom-made wedding dress.

5. And what is on my mind the most RIGHT NOW is my actuary test that is in a mere 3.5 hours from now. Why am I on here posting when I have a test so soon? I need to get my mind off of it! I have been studying, stressing, thinking way too hard for the past week and I don't want to push my brain into overload. I'll have time to do some review before taking the test but I'm just ready for it to be over. It's been an incredibly stressful week, cramming for the test. This test has been so hard to study for and I've been waiting so long for this day, when it would be over. I just pray that I am able to pass - I always worry about my ability to pass. I know all the knowledge I need is in my head somewhere, I just pray that God helps me recall it quickly enough to do well on the test. But right now I'm at the point where I've done all I can. Any prayers would be much appreciated!

And off I go to do a final review... I'll let yall know how it goes! (if we have internet...)

1 comment:

Jenny Fleming said...

The demolition stuff sounds like it's productive!