Sunday, February 24, 2008

"For such a time as this..."

I never feel as if I would really have something worthwhile to say in a blog. I tried the Livejournal thing a few years back - decided to grow up from that and stay away from the public-journaling world for awhile. But I read blogs now, interesting blogs about random things in people's lives, and I think that maybe - even if it isn't always profound or the most well-written - my blog can provide some entertainment and some insight into this crazy time in my life. So as an overview of what my blog will consist of, this is what is going on in my life right now:

1. Kyle and I are getting married July 12, 2008 and am in the midst of planning our wedding.
2. We are planning to buy a house and move into it this coming May - so are just now beginning our search for our very first home.
3. I just started a brand new job as an Actuarial Analyst a couple of weeks ago at a small consulting firm.
4. I am studying for part of the 3rd actuarial exam, which I will take in the middle of May.
5. I have made the personal goal of running in the Peachtree Road Race and completing a 10K on July 4 of this year - a really big deal, because I have never been a runner.

So welcome to my crazy world - where I am in the middle of a number of HUGE happenings in my life. But praise God for all the blessings He has given me, enabling me to enjoy this season in my life and help me to continuously remember, "For such a time as this..."

1 comment:

kiwi said...

oohh! peachtree road race? when did you make this goal & how come I haven't heard about it yet!? hehe...see? we should start running together!