Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The training and studying begin....

Unfortunately for me, I have been stuck in my apartment sick the past couple of days. That puts quite a dent in my running and studying schedules. I'm a few days behind for both. Right now I just feel like crawling back in my bed. I do give major props to TheraFlu though. My roommate Julie is a huge fan of Theraflu, and offered to let me have some yesterday so I gave it a try. I ended up feeling a LOT better yesterday evening after taking one packet, and then slept fine after taking a nighttime packet - to the point where I really thought I'd wake up feeling fine. Sadly that didn't happen, and sadly there are no more Theraflu daytime packets.

As a quick running update - I surpassed a mile for the first time last weekend and managed to run 2.1 miles without stopping (a major accomplishment for me). So I have found 5k and 10k running plans and I'm going to stick to these for the next 19 weeks or so until the 4th comes and the Peachtree is here. And trust me, if (WHEN) I accomplish this goal, it will be a HUGE deal for me. HUGE. And what better way to spend the weekend before my wedding than running a 10k? (Just pray I don't break an ankle or something... that would be horrible). So, here is a short overview of my plan:

By next week I should be able to run 2.5 miles
In 3 weeks I should be able to run 2.75 miles
In 4 weeks I should be able to run 3 miles
In 8 weeks I should be able to run 3.5 miles
In 9 weeks I should be able to run 4 miles
In 13 weeks I should be able to run 4.5 miles
In 15 weeks I should be able to run 5 miles
In 17 weeks I should be able to run 5.5 miles
In 19 weeks, and at the race, I should be able to run a 10k.

So... wish me luck. And pray I start feeling better soon so I can accomplish this goal and get on with my training!

No comments: