Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's been awhile...

I'm definitely in the middle of busy season for my life. Each day I make a To Do list, and I'm happy if I can cross out half of it. I need to somehow take a deep breath, quit stressing over how much I have to do, and ENJOY it.

This past weekend was Easter - what a great holiday. I had the chance to drive down to my parents house Friday night, spend some good time with best friends and my parents, and then down to Kyle's parent's house and spend time with his family.

At the risk of sounding corny, it's amazing how much more you grow to appreciate and enjoy time spent with your family as you get older. I was able to go to the park with my mom, walk around with her, and just enjoy the beautiful weather with the woman I admire more than anyone else. It was 4 years ago at this time of year when she had her stroke and had to spend several weeks at Warm Springs recovering and learning to walk again. I never want to relive that spring again, but I will never forget that Easter - we visited her and went to the Easter service at the chapel on the premises. Until then, I never fully appreciated preachers who spend time at small chapels like that - where there isn't a consistent congregation, but there are people who need that refreshment more than anyone else. We spent time outside - it was another Easter with beautiful weather - and cherished the life God had continued to gift us with more than any other Easter. What better time is there to celebrate life than on the day we are celebrating Jesus' resurrection. And praise God that now, four years later, we can still enjoy that life together.

"Christ the Lord is risen today - Hallelujah!"

1 comment:

Amy Z said...

Yay, you wrote again! I remember that Easter. I remember praising the Lord and singing with gusto...and being by far the loudest person in that tiny chapel. Praise the Lord for his blessings and the family he gave us! - Amy